Premium Skid Plate
PEACE OF MIND
"Since a stick came through my floorboard during a casual ride on a backcountry road, I refuse to drive my SxS without a skid plate. There is no reason to risk my vehicle or my family." - Gregg (UTV owner since 2005)
BUY ONCE, CRY ONCE
Replace any part and pay factory pricing for replacements if you break or wear it out
MADE IN AMERICA
Sourced, Designed, and Manufactured in Salt Lake City, Utah
We will replace any workmanship issue at no cost to you
INSURANCE SHOULDN'T BE YOUR FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE
A small mistake can cost a lot of money.
Give yourself a margin for error by upgrading your protection package.
Let's be honest, everyone makes mistakes driving these machines.
The only question is, how expensive is that mistake?
Insurance Claim = No riding, uncertainty, delays & higher premium.
Pay for protection now, or pay later
How Protected Are You?
(Costs do not include labor)
$1,000 Skid Plate protects $13,000
No other aftermarket part protects this much value
OEM material isn't as strong as you think
See how close the transmission alignment is to the frame, almost completely in-line
See how vulnerable the passengers and your parts are without the skid
What is UHMW?
UHMW-PE stands for Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polythene.
High Impact Strength
- Absorbs impacts
- Bounces back to original shape
Significantly dampens impact noise
Self Lubricating/High Abrasion Resistance
- Easily slide over rocks and logs
- Outwears carbon steel 10:1, great for sand
- Lighter than aluminum
- Very similar weight to HDPE (Factory/OEM material)
Why is our material the better than others?
We only supply genuine American made UHMW-PE.
We believe some products pose as UHMW based but are not made from UHMW. Some material descriptions that we believe you should be aware of are:
- "Proprietary blend of UHMW" (most likely HDPE or HMW)
- HMW (less than 10x the molecular weight of UHMW)
- ARMW (most likely HMW)
Which UHMW material thickness should I choose?
3/8th inch UHMW is the best material thickness for nearly all riders.
- 1/8th inch won't allow for a flat finish, hardware or lap joints
- 1/2 inch adds unnecessary weight, doesn't add meaningful upgrade in protection
Why we don't use colored UHMW?
UHMW colors are very limited and primarily used for utility applications, not cosmetic applications. This means that color shades can have significant variations from sheet-to-sheet and will not be matched to a specific Pantone (color matching system). If you have seen cool colored plastics, they are most likely not UHMW because of the inability to color match.
Strength of UHMW vs other plastics?
UHMW has more than 10x the molecular weight than it's little brother HMW (some might call it ARMW). This is what gives UHMW it's superior impact strength, abrasion resistance, stress/crack resistance, and more! This makes it very important to prioritize material type/authenticity over material thickness.
Why factory skids don't cut it?
- Most Factory/OEM skids provide minimal protection
- Factory skids are made with plastic that easily cracks, punctures, or breaks
- Too Thin or Too Thick
- Too many needless holes add snag points
Best Features for Polaris Xpedition ADV 5
Flush Lap Joints
Included - Custom Hardware, provides a flush finish and corrosion resistant
3 inches of UHMW Rock Sliders is all you need to protect and to increase your riding performance
Buy from the industry leader
Skid Plates Are our Specialty
Best UTV Skid Plate Features for Polaris Xpedition ADV 5
- 3/8 inch thick UHMW
- Recessed bolt holes - smooth, no-snag finish
- Miter Lap joints - near seamless
- Only 3 pieces, Massive 1 Piece Main Panel
- Optional standalone rock sliders
Don't let insurance and a thin, flimsy OEM skid be your first line of defense. An SSS Offroad skid plate will give you the peace of mind you want for your Xpedition ADV 5.
Our Xpedition skid plate offers the best protection, material, and fit. This comes with an unbeatable lifetime warranty that only a made in the USA company would offer.
BEST XPEDITION SKID PLATE FEATURES
- Material. UHMW skid plates are slickest and most abrasion resistant plastic available. They also can absorb big impacts. Don't settle for imposter plastic.
- Thickness. 3/8ths inch give you the optimal protection you need without adding unnecessary weight or cost. This thickness wins in the toughest terrain - driven by King of Hammers winners and finishers
- Lap joints. Our miter lap joints create flush overlapping panels with a near seamless finish. We reduce catch points and don't use high risk butt joints!
- Pieces. Our Xpedition 5 skid plate has 1 massive main panel reducing the chance of catching or tearing off.
- Easiest Install. No tapping required and we reuse all available factory holes. Our custom made fasteners are fine threaded screw that automatically tap pre-drilled holes. The fine threads are very important because the frame tubing is so thin.
- Premium Hardware. Best corrosion resistant coating available. Fine threaded screws allow for the strongest frame connection and rounded cup steel washers protect nearly every bolt
- Maintenance. We include essential drain and maintenance holes. If an area is serviced less than once a year, we do not include it and recommend removing the panel to clean and service.
WHY BUY FROM US?
- Made in USA. We design, test, and manufacturer your product in Utah. We also source our materials from US manufacturers.
- Buy once, cry once warranty. Damage or wear out a piece of your skid? You can get a replacement part for an average of 50-70% of the retail value
- Workmanship Guarantee. If there is an issue due to manufacturing, we'll make it right.
- Fit. Cutting edge technology - .1mm accurate 3D scanners, measurement systems, and CNC machines
Optional Rock Sliders. Our standalone rock sliders protect the lower 3 inches of your side panels and frame. Snug fit between the rocker and the machine. It forms to the angle of the machine, not the machine that bent it. Option to be have the rockers built into the skid skid plate
SSS Off-Road aftermarket skid plates are a must for all UTV enthusiasts who value their investments—the people they ride with as well as their machines. Factory skid plates do not do an outstanding job in giving you peace of mind when you are out doing what you enjoy the most.
Don’t RIDE unprotected! SKID UP with an SSS Off-Road skid plate!
The Premium skid plate ships via LTL and may cause certain residential addresses to be restricted or unavailable. Our team will coordinate with you prior to shipping if there are any issues with the shipping address you provide.